Check out the upcoming LIFT Youth Events below. Email the Youth Ministry Team for more information (email@example.com).
The presbytery’s Youth Ministry Group is an entity of our Faith Education and Leadership Development (FELD) Committee. The mission of the Youth Ministry Group is to…
- assist the Presbytery of Missouri River Valley (PMRV) congregations in their development of meaningful youth ministry programs
- develop and provide resources for ministries with youth on the presbytery level for the congregations
- develop presbytery-wide youth events, which at times may be in cooperation with other presbyteries in the region
- promote and, when necessary, administer opportunities for church wide events – such as Triennium, Camp Calvin Crest, Synod School, high school, college and seminary events, etc. as well as provide a full report to the presbytery
- promote opportunities for networking among youth ministry workers, including developing the Presbyterian Youth Workers Association (PYWA) within the Presbytery
LIFT (Living in Faith Together)
One of the functions of the PMRV Youth Ministry Group is to provide quarterly presbytery-wide events for youth in grades 6 through 12. These are wonderful opportunities for students to experience faith and fellowship together. These events are great for a church youth group to attend, or even an individual student from a church.
Mark your calendar for the following events, open to all students in 6th through 12th grades…
Frequency… tuning in to the voice that matters! God is constantly communicating with us, but in a world full of noise and distraction, it’s easy to miss what is being said. Sometimes God speaks in predictable ways, and sometimes in unexpected ways, even through silence. God is the only one who knows your whole future, your past, your greatest fears, the things you love today, and the things you’ll love 30 years from now.
We hope you’ll encourage your 6th through 12th graders to join us for this overnight retreat. This retreat will take place from 4:30pm on Friday, March 1 through 4;30pm on Saturday, March 2. There is an option for Friday only for students who have a school activity conflict on Saturday. MORE INFORMATION & REGISTRATION HERE!
- Insteadium Retreat | August 24-25, 2024 | Camp Calvin Crest in Fremont, NE
All 6th through 12th grade students are invited to attend this overnight retreat at Camp Calvin Crest. Connect with other youth from area churches through music, games, speakers, food, and fellowship. More details and registration coming at a later date.
- Synod School | July 21-26, 2024 | Buena Vista University, Iowa
This opportunity is for all ages, babies through adults. You can attend as an individual, family, or church. Visit the Synod School page or Facebook Group for more information. Registration will begin April 1, 2024.
- Presbyterian Youth Triennium | July 28-31, 2025 | Louisville, Kentucky
Visit the Triennium page for more information, coming soon!